You may enjoy our Growth Groups in-person (social distancing and masks preferred) or via the Zoom links below.
Link to join 9:00 am group: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84825518102
Link to join 6:30 pm group: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81486264221
Contact us to get the PASSWORD for our Zoom groups!
Sunny Hills Growth Group
Week of May 17, 2020
1. If had to eat only one meal a day, and it was the same meal every day, what would it be?
2. What’s one thing you continually pray for that remains “unanswered”?
This week we … looked at the Lord’s Prayer, and how it changes us.
Looking back at your notes from this week’s sermon, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
As you think about your own prayer life …
What do you like most about prayer?
What do you like least about prayer?
Matthew 6:9, This, then, is how you should pray: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
- When should this prayer be prayed verbatim?
- What are some practical ways we can “hallow” (honor, revere, respect) God’s name?
 your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
- A “kingdom” is where the king’s authority and orders are “hallowed”, right?
- What “kingdoms” are you a citizen of?
- How do you think a citizen of the heavenly kingdom knows what his/her king’s will is?
 Give us today our daily bread.
- Why is having “just enough” a trust-building experience?
- How does this verse conflict with the idea of “being prepared for the future”?
 Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
- This verse is conditional … which of the previous verses is also conditional?
- “Debts” here means our transgressions and sins. Is it easier to forgive a real $$ debt, or easier to forgive a sin-debt?
 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.”
- How is the first half of this verse, and the second half the same?
- How is the first half of this verse, and the second half different?
How easy or difficult for you is each part of the Lord’s Prayer? Mark a “+” for “easier” and a “-“ to say “more difficult for me”.
_____ Respect God’s name.
_____ Obedience to God’s will.
_____ Trusting God for daily needs.
_____ Experiencing forgiveness.
_____ Deliverance from temptation.
During our COVID-19 pandemic what changes to your prayer life have you noticed?