1. What is your typical “wake-up” time?
2. What are your “4th of July” plans?
This week we … looked at how to maintain a life-work balance.
Looking back at your notes from this week’s sermon, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
Where does laziness come from?
[ ] Exhaustion.
[ ] Learned.
[ ] Sin.
[ ] Ignorance.
[ ] Ineptitude.
[ ] Indifference
Proverbs 6:9-11,9 How long will you lie there, you sluggard? When will you get up from your sleep? 10 A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest– 11 and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man.
- The definition of a “sluggard” is a “habitually lazy person.” What habit is listed in this verse that contributes to laziness?
- What is the best time to get up in the morning?
- When does “resting” cross the line into “laziness”?
- What is the penalty listed in this verse for laziness?
Proverbs 23:4-5, Don’t wear yourself out trying to get rich. Be wise enough to know when to quit. 5 In the blink of an eye wealth disappears, for it will sprout wings and fly away like an eagle.
- What does this verse list as a poor motive for “wearing yourself out”?
- What do you imagine could be a good motive for “wearing yourself out”?
- A wise person knows when to ___________ ?
- When should a person quit his/her job?
- Why do you think this proverb suggests that wealth is temporary and unstable?
Generally speaking, are poor people lazy?
What could a poor person do to overcome poverty?
What is the difference between “working longer”, “working harder”, and “working smarter”?
What advice would you give to a friend who was having a hard time getting enough sleep?
Exodus 20:8-10a, “Remember to observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.  You have six days each week for your ordinary work,  but the seventh day is a Sabbath day of rest dedicated to the LORD your God. On that day no one in your household may do any work.
- What is difficult for you about maintaining “a Sabbath days rest”?
- What are the benefits of keeping the Sabbath holy?
Due to economic conditions, management just sent out a memo saying your duties have doubled, overtime is canceled, and vacation days are now unpaid. How do you respond?