Sunny Hills tries to make a first time visit to Sunny Hills comfortable and easy for folks. Here’s what you might expect:
- We park on three sides of the church, and there’s a driveway around back that takes you from one side of the church to the other. We’ll have a few folk outside helping you find a spot to park.
- The main entrance to the church is around front. Use the sidewalks to come in the main entrance.
- As soon as you come in you’ll find coffee and donuts to your right. It’s all free and just make yourself at home.
- The service begins at 9:30 a.m. We divide in five different groups during the service … infant care is down the main hallway, last room on the left. We have a group of volunteers ready to care for your infant! Of course, if you prefer, you make keep your infant (and the entire family if you desire) with you during the entire service, it’s your call. The second group is preschoolers, also down the main hall to the left. Our professional child care staff will take wonderful care of your preschoolers. Kids in grades K-5 attend Sunday school during the service … their room is right next to the donut area. Finally, adults and teens attend the regular worship service.
- The worship service is pretty simple. It has five main parts:
- Singing. We usually sing about four songs. Each song is easy to sing and the music is contemporary. You don’t have to sing, it’s okay to listen as others sing.
- Announcements and “trivia quiz.” We make routine announcements and do a fun trivia question every week. Don’t worry, as a visitor we won’t put you on the spot … you can worship with us without worrying about being introduced or asked to stand or pressured to do anything strange. You can just come and hang out in a way that’s comfortable for you.
- Prayer. The pastor leads in a short prayer. Sometimes the pastor asks if there are any prayer requests from the crowd. You can share a request if you want to.
- Message. The pastor presents a bible teaching on a subject relevant to the daily needs of people. The message will be positive, uplifting, and helpful.
- Offering and dismiss. The last thing we do is collect the weekly offering. Visitors are NOT expected to participate in this, of course. Everything at Sunny Hills, from the donuts to the nursery care, is completely free and paid for by our members and regular attenders.
- After the service you can hurry out (lot’s of people do that, it’s natural) or you may grab another donut or cup of coffee and meet some new friends. Again, it’s your choice.
We want you to feel comfortable during your first visit. If there’s any way we can serve you further, please contact us.