Church location: 2973 N 4th ST, Wytheville, Virginia 24382
Sunday Worship Service: Our Sunday worship service at Sunny Hills is a bit different … it’s designed to help the entire family feel comfortable and relaxed while enjoying contemporary music, helpful Bible teaching, and meaningful worship experiences. Here are some things to keep in mind for your first visit to Sunny Hills …
- Our service style is very casual. The preacher wears blue jeans and sneakers, so just come dressed in a way that’s comfortable for you.
- Donuts and coffee are served at 9:00 a.m. for those wishing to come early to connect with new friends.
- Worship and Sunday school services both begin at 9:30 a.m. Parents have the option of keeping their children with them during the “adult service” or sending them to a Sunday school class. We suggest letting the kids go to their class to learn about Jesus in a way that’s easy for them to enjoy. Many parents find it difficult to focus on worship while the kids are wiggling in the seat next to them. Kids love Sunny Hills because it’s not boring for them … and the donuts are tasty too.
- Middle school students stay in the adult service up until the sermon time … then they are dismissed to their Sunday school class to dig into the Bible on their own level.
- All morning services conclude at 10:30 a.m. This leaves you plenty of time for other activities on Sunday. Even though the service is just an hour, we do try to make it a very worthwhile hour for your family. Times are busy and we want to respect the value of your time.
We have a Sunday evening Youth Bible Study for students in grades 6 through 12, at 6:00 p.m. The youth group meets at the church for 30 minutes of recreation, 30 minutes of food (dinner!), and 30 minutes of Bible study.
A small group Bible study meets every Monday night at the church from 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. You don’t have to sign up or anything, just show up, make some new friends, and enjoy the evening.
WHAT IS THE MAIN THING ABOUT OUR CHURCH? We want to help ordinary people experience full life in Christ. Life is better in relationship with Jesus and a loving church family.
Feel free to contact us with any questions or comments.
Thanks for visiting.
— Pastor Alan Wilder